TR-1 Research Reactor (1 MW), the very first nuclear facility installed in Turkey, had been started to operate in May 27th, 1962 and was operated until September 9th, 1977 for 15 years. A 5 MW reactor, TR-2, was installed in the same pool and started to radioisotope production to provide the increasing demand for the isotopes nationwide in 1970's.
- Regular operations, maintenance and repair.
- Radioisotope production, irradiations for the neutron activation analyses
- Fuel management
- Design and production of some components of the research reactor.
- Upgrading of TR-2 reactor.
- Experimental, thermal-hydraulic and neutronic studies.
- Training (reactor staff, radiation protection officers, and summer workshop for university students).
- Briefing to the public visiting the TR-2 reactor.
TR-2 Reactor Control Room
TR-2 Reactor Core (Cherenkov radiation is visible around the core)