In accordance with the Regulation on Construction Inspection of Nuclear Power Plants that entered into force with the Official Gazette no: 30024, dated 31/3/2017, it is mandatory to obtain an authorization certificate from the Authority to be able to carry out the inpections of manufacture, construction and installation activities of the entire structures, systems and components (SSC’s) found in the nuclear power plant sites.
Important Issues Regarding the Authorization:
- Organizations that will be performing the in-site or out-of-site inspections of manufacture, construction and installation activities of the entire SSC’s of the nuclear power plants to be found or modified, are obliged to obtain an authorization from the Authority.
- Authorization conditions are designated as a complementary annex of the Authorization Certificate for Nuclear Construction Inspection Organizations.
- Inspection activities that fall under the scope of Article 11 of the Regulation, can only be carried by those Organizations authorized for the inspection of SSC’ important to nuclear safety
- Inspection activities that fall under the scope of Article 12 of the Regulation, can be carried out both by the Organizations authorized for the inspection of SSC’s important to nuclear safety and Organizations authorized for the inspection of SSC’s not important to nuclear safety
- Authorized Organizations are announced on the Authority’s webpage. Nuclear Construction Inspection Organizations can carry out inspections on fields that comply with the extent of their authorization and the authorization conditions, in accordance with the terms of Contract of Service that they sign with the Owner.
- Construction Inspection Organizations that operate in accordance with the “Law on Construction Inspection” numbered 4708, are forbidden from engaging in any other business operation in accordance with the Article 3 of the Law titled “Responsibilities and Forbidden Commercial Operations”, where in the last paragraph it is stated that “A Construction Inspection Organization cannot engage in a commercial activity other than inspection activies. The inspector architects and engineers of the Organization are forbidden from carrying out any other occupational and constructon-related activities within the duration of inspection activities.” Therefore, those Organizations authorized by the Nuclear Regulatory Authority lose the authorization they have obtained from the Ministry of Environment & Urbanization. Details can be obtained from the related body within the Ministry of Environment & Urbanization.
Originals of the below documents are presented to the Authority during Authorization Certificate application, as hard copy. In cases where the original documents cannot be presented, a copy approved by a public authority is presented:
- Filled in Extent of Authorization and Application Form found on Authority webpage,
- Official documents showing that the Organization is active and performs registered commercial activities,
- Organization’s documents listing representing staff, this staff’s approved statement of signature or authorized signatory list
- A report containing the organizational structure, technical capability, human resources information and past construction inspection experience of the Organization
- Documents showing Organization’s qualities as indicated in article 13, in accordance with demanded authorization extent;
- Organization’s quality management system certification with international validity,
- A letter taken from the Turkish Accreditation Agency, showing that the quality management system certification is issued by a certification body accredited by Turkish Accreditation Agency or an accreditation body included in the International Accreditation Forum Mutual Recognition Agreement,
- Documents and procedures related to human resources management and inspection process within the Organization’s quality management system documents,
- Documents issued to Organization by other country regulatory bodies’ related to inspections of structures, systems and components, if any.
- Written commitment of the Organization that it will only employ reliable staff,
- Bank receipt for proof of service charge payment that is found in the goods and service production type fee list.
Below documents are presented in two electronic copies in a searchable format:
Within the scope of the article 4 above, information on the orgatizational structure, technical capability and human resources, along with a report on past construction inspection experience,
Among the quality management system documents requested within the scope of article 5-c above, documents and procedures on human resources management and inspection processes.
* All documents are presented in Turkish and/or English.
|C-5.01||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Structures Important for Nuclear Safety * (local company)|
|C-5.02||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Structures Important for Nuclear Safety * (foreign company)|
|C-5.03||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Systems and Components Important for Nuclear Safety * (local company)|
|C-5.04||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Systems and Components Important for Nuclear Safety * (foreign company)|
|C-5.05||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Structures Not Important for Nuclear Safety * (local company)|
|C-5.06||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Structures Not Important for Nuclear Safety * (foreign company)|
|C-5.07||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Systems and Components Not Important for Nuclear Safety * (local company)|
|C-5.08||Authorization Certificate for the Inspection of Systems and Components Not Important for Nuclear Safety * (foreign company)|
|C-5.09||Renewal of the Validity of Nuclear Construction Inspection Organization Authorization Certificate **|
|C-5.10||Extension of Nuclear Construction Inspection Organization Authorization Certificate Scope ***|
Authorized organization for inspection of the structures / systems and components important for Nuclear Safety are also be authorized
|**||The service fee of renewal of validity is 20% of the authorization fee.|
|***||The extension of certificate scope service fee is the service fee of the desired scope to be added.|