Sarayköy Nuclear Research and Training Center (SNRTC) was established as an affiliated organization of Turkish Atomic Energy Authority (TAEA) in Sarayköy Kazan Ankara on 01.07.2005 according to the Official Gazette No. 25862.
According to Article 119 of the Decree-Law No.703 published on 02.07.2018, articles 1 and 14 and articles 16 and 19 and additional article 1 and temporary article 1 and 4 of Turkish Atomic Energy Authority Law No. 2690 were repealed and establishment, organization, duties and responsibilities of the Authority was redetermined according to Article 640-650 of the Presidential Decree 4. The Departments were established as Head of Technology Development Department, Radioactive Waste Management Department, Radiation and Accelerator Technologies Department, Foreign Relations Department, Education and Publication Department, Strategy Development Department, Personnel and Support Services Department and Audit Services Department. Organization Chart of TAEA was approved by the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources.In this context, duties of the President and Vice Presidents were reestablished according to Circular Number 2018/1 and the personnel of Sarayköy Nuclear Research and Training Center were assigned to the newly established Head of Radiation and Accelerator Technologies Department (RATD) with the same staff and rank. According to the Circular No. 2018/2, the staff of the Sarayköy Nuclear Research and Training Center have been assigned to the newly established Radiation and Accelerator Technologies Department (RATD) with the same staff and rank. The existing personnel have been assigned to 4 branch directorates (Directorate of Product and Services Branch, Directorate of R&D Projects Branch, Directorate of Financial Management Branch, Directorate of Administrative Affairs and Support Services Branch) established under Head of RATD according to the Circular No. 2018/2.
The Head of Radiation and Accelerator Technologies Department, which was a part of the Organization Chart approved by the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources according to Task 1816 on 31.07.2018, carries out its duties quickly and effectively through 17 units related to 4 branch directorates approved by TAEA President Office Task number E.41212 on 10.09.2018
Duties, Authorities and Responsibilities of the Head of Radiation and Accelerator Technologies Department
The duties, authorities and responsibilities of the Head of RATD covers all kinds of research, development and applications using nuclear technology and techniques in the framework of the policy and objectives determined by TAEA Presidency. The activities in the Head of RATD are carried out by 17 units related to Directorate of Product and Services Branch, Directorate of R&D Projects Branch, Directorate of Financial Management Branch, Directorate of Administrative Affairs and Support Services Branch.
The duties, authorities and responsibilities of the Head of RATD are given as follows:
1) To do studies or to have studies done on research and development, innovation,design, technology acquisition, production, testing, localization using radiation and accelerator technologies for the scientific, technical and economic development of the country;
2) To cooperate and make joint projects with higher education institutions, national and international institutions and organizations on radiation and accelerator technologies;
3) To establish, to have it established, to operate, to have it operated, to expel from operation of research and development facilities, laboratories, technology transfer offices, research and development centers in the field of radiation and accelerator technologies;
4) To perform the necessary studies for commercialization and promotion of developed products and services; to have them done;
5) To provide measurement, analysis, dosimetry, calibration, metrology, irradiation, intervention and other related services related to radiation and accelerator technologies;
6) To provide measurement, test, inspection, analysis, research, examination, consulting, verification, evaluation, control and other related services which support the regulatory activities;
7) To carry out educational activities in the fields of radiation and accelerator technologies;
8) To develop, produce, have it produced, set up, install the radiation measuring and monitoring devices and systems;
9) To perform other duties assigned by the President.